Whether it’s your family, or your employee, when you have people located across the globe you want to know they’re protected by international health insurance.
Our associates provide solutions for clients with complex needs – from insurance packages for your international employees, to the most extensive global incentives packages available. Our team has worked with:
- US Citizens Residing Abroad
- Foreign Nationals Residing Abroad
- Key Local Nationals
- People Needing the Best Healthcare in the World
International Benefits Packages Often Include:
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Local Hospitalization
- Access to Global Provider Networks
- Online Tools to Access Policy Information, Print ID Cards, and Resource Health & Safety Information
Unique Perks for U.S. Citizens Residing Abroad
If you’re a U.S. citizen already living overseas, please contact us about your current international health insurance plan. Our unparalleled expertise and knowledge of the shifting healthcare landscape can help you adopt custom plans tailored to your specific needs – plans that are typically unavailable from most international brokers.
The Advantages of having Our Team on Your Side
- Our unique plans have up to 40% lower premiums as compared to traditional international health plans.
- We help you keep your plan upon returning to the United States.
- You can use Medicare while in the U.S., yet access the best healthcare while overseas.
- We satisfy HIPAA compliance with a certificate of credible coverage that seamlessly waives or eliminates a preexisting condition should one decide to change plans.
- You benefit from coverage for chronic and recurring conditions that are typically not included in foreign health insurance contracts.
Don’t just trust that your U.S. Insurance Policy will be there when you need it overseas. Check first…
- The Insurance World Runs by Different Rules than the IRS:
- U.S. health insurance companies can terminate your individual health plan or terminate your membership from a group health insurance plan if you reside for more than 6 months to 1 year outside of the US.
- Access to Quality Healthcare will be Limited at Best:
- U.S. health insurance companies do not have networks of overseas medical providers, leaving you to locate doctors and hospitals that offer quality medical care. In addition, language barriers and currency conversions will be problematic for reimbursement purposes, so let us help you.
- Coverage is Typically Limited to Emergencies Only:
- The majority of U.S. health insurance plans offer only emergency care while citizens are overseas. This won’t work if you have a family and need to have routine check-ups and remedial help for ongoing medical conditions.
- You May Find a Lack of Immediate Assistance:
- U.S. health insurance companies are unavailable to provide 24/7 assistance, and are likely not to respond to inquiries or emergency calls made by a non-English speaker.
OnMarket Insurance Associates Provides Unique Offerings for Foreign Nationals Residing in the U.S.
Foreign nationals must know that their healthcare coverage terminates as soon as they cross the border. Many healthcare plans do not allow for care abroad, and supplemental healthcare options are also limited with coverage and time restrictions while overseas. We will be sure to pair you with a global provider that gives you thousands of qualified physicians around the world.
Watch Out for these Pitfalls of Travel Insurance from Your Home Country:
- Capped Benefits:
Healthcare is very expensive in the U.S., and foreign coverage will likely not offer you enough protection. You could end up paying the difference, which can easily reach into the thousands.
After a certain time of residency in the U.S., travel insurance from your home country will likely expire
- Unrecognized by Most Healthcare Providers:
The majority of U.S. doctors and hospitals will not recognize foreign health insurance plans, making it very difficult for foreigners to seek out quality medical attention while overseas.
Check Out a Few Clients who Dealt with Similar Situations …
A Software Company Looks to Expand Overseas
A California based software client needed a Chinese national executive to open up market in China. However, the executive’s existing health insurance plan did not extend its medical coverage overseas. Likewise, the executive did not qualify for U.S. health insurance because he was not part of the U.S. payroll.
The Challenge: Healthcare Coverage that Reaches Overseas
Local Chinese health insurance packages are generally inadequate, and come with incredibly limited levels of medical coverage. The executive’s family, who would be relocating to China with him, needed to be covered as well.
The Solution: Overseas Travel Medical Insurance
Our team dug through international plans of varying degrees of coverage. The executive ultimately decided to go with a plan that offers unlimited lifetime coverage as well as access to the best healthcare providers in China. We wrote a plan to cover the family’s exact needs.
An Overseas Lawyer Heads to the U.S.
A California-based lawyer needed a foreign national executive to work at the San Francisco office for 2 years on assignment. Since the executive would not be on U.S. payroll, he was ineligible for U.S. benefits … including health insurance.
Challenge: Health Insurance that Works Globally
As a frequent traveler, the lawyer required a health insurance plan that would provide him medical coverage while in both the U.S. and traveling back overseas to be with family.
Solution: International Medical Insurance
We quickly identified an international health insurance plan that would allow our lawyer to take up residency in the United States without violating any residency clauses. The plan provided the executive with medical coverage while traveling abroad, protecting him during illness or accidents. Our team assisted the executive in identifying a wide range of quality healthcare professionals in the San Francisco area, to successfully shape our client’s overall benefits package to include life and disability insurance coverage.
I’m not interested in calling an operator when I need something. Will I have someone dedicated to my account that I can rely on?
Not only is the answer to this question yes, but it’s one of the top benefits of working with a brokerage like ours. Our associates immerse themselves daily in the ever-changing rules of insurance and how those changes affect our clients. The goal is to be calling you before you ever even realized you needed something from us.
Beyond a policy on paper, what are you doing to protect me?
Anyone can write up the policy on what happens if loss were to occur, but we think that’s just step one. Our associates study and follow insurance policy trends around the world, to structure deals that cover all possibilities for risk. We will help you find a policy that protects you, as well as doctors worldwide who will help you. It all starts with a conversation to identify everything in your life that’s valuable, and the risks in your life that could get in the way of your travels.
How can You Guarantee that I’m getting the Best Deal?
Our relationships with the top insurance providers around the world allow us to cast a wide net when looking for coverage that fits your needs. We look at all of the valuables and risks in your life to build the exact plan that covers it all.