The costly physical and financial damage that can result from an equipment breakdown is too much for a business to handle while still keeping operations running at full force.
That’s why Equipment Breakdown + Boiler & Machinery insurance is built to pay for:
- The cost to repair or replace damaged equipment.
- Lost business income and costs for temporary replacement equipment.
- Other expenses incurred to limit the loss of operations.
- Lost value of spoiled products or materials caused by a covered breakdown.
- Business recovery expenses.
This specialty coverage is particularly useful because it is built to cover the things that a standard property policy would typically exclude, including:
- Mechanical Breakdown
- Electrical Arcing
- Artificially Generated Electrical Currents
- Centrifugal Force
- Boiler Overheating, Cracking, Bulging, of Sagging
- Damage to Pressure Vessels, such as Water Heaters, Compressed Air Tanks, Steam Cookers & Kettles, Expansion Tanks and Condensate Return Tanks
Is this a separate policy from my commercial property insurance, or can I include it as an addition to that policy?
This policy can be endorsed onto a property or business owners’ policy (BOP) or written as a stand-alone policy. Give our team a call to get us started on building you a custom insurance plan.
What is General Liability coverage? Wouldn’t that cover my broken equipment?
A good General Liability Policy will cover some of the base costs, like damage caused by equipment breakdown to property or injury to your people. However, it will not help you get your broken equipment fixed properly.
What types of equipment are covered under Equipment Breakdown Insurance?
Equipment Breakdown policies cover many kinds of equipment, including:
- Boilers, Pressure Vessels, Water Heaters
- Electrical Distribution Systems
- Heating & Cooling Systems
- Refrigeration (Including Lost Refrigerant)
- Production Equipment
- Office Equipment
- Computer Technology
- Computer Controlled Machines such as CNC Machines and Robotics
- Communications Systems, including Phone and Voice-Mail Systems
- Security and Fire Detection Systems
- Ovens, Stoves, Furnaces
- Elevators, Escalators, Cranes, Hoists and Lifts
- Cash Registers and Inventory Control Systems
- Diagnostic Equipment