You trust that the people you let into your building are always going to do the responsible thing, but shouldn’t you still cover the “what ifs”?

Landlord Protection is insurance for non-commercial landlords who own and then rent 1 to 4 unit tenant-occupied residential properties, including: apartments, condos, single and multi-family properties that you own and rent to others.

Similar to a Homeowner’s Policy, Landlord Policies can provide coverage for:

Damage to your Home’s Physical Structure (Dwelling Coverage)
This is your basic coverage to help you pay for the messes that sometimes happen. All policies come with a deductible, so it’s important to look at your budget and see what you could come out of pocket for repairs on any given day. We usually never see these things coming, so it’s best to cover your bases.

Extended Replacement Cost Coverage
This will help pay for unexpected repair or rebuilding costs that exceed the amount covered by your base policy.

Other Structures Coverage
Damage to other structures like a garage or shed

Personal Property Coverage
Coverage for your personal belongings – whether they are in your home or elsewhere during the incident.

Loss of Use Coverage
Covers loss of rents if a covered claim arises

Liability Coverage
This covers you in the event someone is injured, or their property is damaged, by you or a family member. It also protects you from certain types of liability unique to landlords, like wrongful eviction and entry.

Insurance Vocab for Landlords
To learn some of the key terms for home insurance, view the information on our Homeowners page.

Any questions?

What If the Dwelling in Question is a House Boat?
While very similar, Boat Insurance does take into consideration some specifics only to boats. Give us a call to talk directly about your options.

Do You Cover Unusual Types of Vehicles?
Yes, visit any of the following pages to see if they pertain to your needs:

If My Tenants are Creating Unsafe Conditions, Should I Report that to You?
As your partner in covering your assets we are always here to be a resource for you. However, many situations must begin with a police report in order for us to move forward. Consider the situation and then call the appropriate authorities first.

Click HERE for more information on how to contact an agent and get started with us!